My wife and I just had another conversation about Comcast Internet and cable tv It went up yet a...

G+_Rud Dog

Rud Dog The only difference I noticed was that the DVR+ had a small amount of internal storage, probably flash memory, for storing a couple hours of recordings. The replacement Stream+ uses a replaceable uSD card for that function. Since all flash memory eventually wears out, I suspect that's why they changed to replaceable flash.

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Paul Hutchinson This is probably the one I will purchase as a test model as we need one for two of each of the three TVs in the house.

Unfortunately the Living Room TV has Klipsch WISA speakers and the controller for these speakers live between the source and TV.

The controller then picks up the audio off the HDMI and routes it to the wireless speakers. So might have to come up with a different setup for that scenario.

My initial review of the CM Stream unit has a couple of shortfalls one is ok the other is not.

First off no Netflix or Amazon.

Second no external Hard drive capability.

I can, as mentioned before, simply change the input on the TV and use my Roku for streaming.

The lack of an external HD is a big setback as using SD card is rather expensive and limiting.

Rud Dog I believe that review is in error, check the manufacturesrs page.

Quotes from the manufacturers page:

"Consumers can add their favorite streaming services and games from the Google Play™ store"

So you should be able to install the Android Netflix and Amazon apps.

"The Live Channels app installs automatically during the Stream+ setup process to add over-the-air broadcast TV channels into a graphical guide, and installing an external USB hard drive"

There is no internal HDD it works only with a USB HDD so obviously it supports an external USB HDD. They even offer to sell you a USB HDD on the site.

It might not support two USB HDD's at once but then again since it is running Android it may support multiple drives if you use a USB 3 hub.

Thinking about Android USB HUB support prompted me to try it out on my Nexus 5X.

I sometimes use a numeric keypad with the phone for recording measurements on the inspection and lab benches but it drains the battery pretty fast and you can't charge while using OTG on this phone. I figured if it worked via a powered hub I'd get a huge increase in run time since the hub powers the keypad.

I currently have two HDD's with their own power supplies, a thumb drive and the keypad all working on my phone via a cheap D-Link powered USB hub. It's also funny to hook up a mouse and see a functioning mouse pointer on the phone screen.

So it seems much more likely that a USB hub will allow multiple HDD's on the Stream+.

• 3 weeks later...