OK folks - tricky question for you

OK folks - tricky question for you.

I have a #nexus7  which my young kids use a lot, so I currently restrict access using the Kids Place app.

When a suitable game comes up, I often install Amazon's Free App of the Day for them to play with.  

However since the 4.2 update, I have to repeatedly log in to the Amazon Appstore.  I know the older version of the Appstore had a 4.2 log in bug, but I've updated to the latest version which should have fixed it.  It's still happening.  What's worse is when the kids try to play the games from Amazon, they bring up an error and close until I log in again.

My latest theory is because Kids Place is a separate restricted launcher, that it is somehow causing the problem.

Anybody have any idea if this is the case?  Are there any good alternatives to Kids Place out there?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiddoware.kidsplace&feature=md

I have a user profile set up for my 2 year old. I use Nova launcher to hide any apps I don't want her to use and then "lock it" in the settings so she can't change anything on the homescreens.

I am on CM10.1 and I will use the expanded desktop feature to hide the nav bar and lock her into an app.

As far as Amazon Apps go, I found it best to stay away from them.