Hey guys never heard you guys talk about anti virus, security apps for Android devices

Hey guys never heard you guys talk about anti virus, security apps for Android devices. I got a phone call from my bank the other day. Concerned about the phone I was using with their app. Suggested I use (Lookout) or some kind of security app. Just wanted to know your thoughts. If you bring it up on a show sometime that be cool

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Anti virus app are of no use for androids. Unlike windows antivirus, they don’t scan objects or potential bytecodes. They cant. Does it mean Android secure? No. How can we get protected? Only have required apps from legit developers, understand their privacy policy. Check permissions they ask and only install play store apps not others. Dont root oer install custom rom. Have other phone for such stuff than primary one that has banking apps.

Anti virus app are of no use for androids. Unlike windows antivirus, they don’t scan objects or potential bytecodes. They cant. Does it mean Android secure? No. How can we get protected? Only have required apps from legit developers, understand their privacy policy. Check permissions they ask and only install play store apps not others. Dont root oer install custom rom. Have other phone for such stuff than primary one that has banking apps.

not so brite Its not about Lineage Os or so its about who implement what. There will be many versions of lineage, in fact most os are based on lineage os and people do toppings and improvements. But do you trust them? On xda most devs give zi file stored on private gdrive or so called sites.

They may not ne doing it but there is no central governance system that can be held responsible. Banking apps, i prefer no custom os.

not so brite Its not about Lineage Os or so its about who implement what. There will be many versions of lineage, in fact most os are based on lineage os and people do toppings and improvements. But do you trust them? On xda most devs give zi file stored on private gdrive or so called sites.

They may not ne doing it but there is no central governance system that can be held responsible. Banking apps, i prefer no custom os.