New G+ community rules

G+_Ed Bellerose

New G+ community rules

Hey all. So I have officially hit the switch to make the following changes to the All About Android community here on Google+

- This community is meant to keep discussion on topics from the show. This means that general links to stories/videos that don't inspire discussion will not be posted to the public at large on this community.

- All new posts to the community must be approved. I'm afraid as to what this means for moderation. If you could only see the amount of posts that never made it to this community due to automatic Spam detection, let alone the posts that do... it's a lot to manage. I'm hoping it ends up being relatively easy in practice, but we shall see.

- New members must request to join. Part of me hates to do this. I like things to be as open as possible. But it's very obvious that many posters have no post history and hope to simply pass links to their spammy content around. No more.

One thing I don't have the time for is cleaning up content already posted here. We're talking years of spammy posts and each one takes 3-4 seconds to remove, with dozens upon dozens of daily posts... that's too big a hill to manage after the fact. I had hoped to go through and wipe things out to clean up the landing page here on the community but it's overwhelming. So it'll just have to be a "going forward" sort of change. Unless you have any ideas for wiping out content faster than that? It doesn't seem like G+ makes it super easy to do it quickly. Bummer.

Crossing fingers that this improves things around here. I'll be paying more attention here too. I miss you guys.

Awesome! I may not post a ton of stuff, but I really do love G+. And I'm reading this post as I just this minute reported "franklie roger" as a spammer, not to mention posting total crap as far as the infographics that account was passing on as security. I will certainly try to help clean up what I can. - Vic "UncleBic" from the chat.

Good move Jason Howell. We know you didn't want to drop the hammer, but for now, I'm sure it needed to be done. I'll bet this make this community better, and stronger. Maybe if more communities did this, G+ will gain back more users.