Replaced my Galaxy Note I (loved) with Galaxy Note II (really love) with two exceptions:

G+_Jared Twomey

Replaced my Galaxy Note I (loved) with Galaxy Note II (really love) with two exceptions:

First I was surprised (disappointed) that the swype keyboard now does not support speech to text (are you kidding me??).  

Also, my Note I played flash videos through the browser on legacy websites hosting FLVs (of which there are many), but now Note II won't play FLVs on webisites (adobe flash player has been removed from the play store).  any work-arounds?

I'm using the newest Swype keyboard on my Nexus 7 and my old DroidX2 and the speech to text feature is still there. There may be some confusion in the settings with Google's own speech-to-text feature in Jellybean, but it is equally accurate. I live and die by my Swype. :) Let us know if you solve the problem!

Yes, the Samsung keyboard on the Note II has speech to text, but when I called Samsung Support inquiring about the "missing microphone" icon on the SWYPE keyboard I was told "please hold" (whistling for 3 min) then when she came back she gave me the bad news, "speech to text is no longer supported on the SWYPE keyboard."  

What I said: "OK thank you"  

What I thought: "I need to call back & see if I can get a more senior tech"  

It's just unimaginable to me that a major feature like speech to text, which folks are using more & more, would ever be removed.  

Puzzled.

KEYBOARD SOLUTION: Google the SwiftKey Flow Beta and give it a whirl...you still can swipe on it but it is better than Swype.

FLASH SOLUTION: Sideload the last Flash APK for ICS. Then tryout the Firefox beta app that will support it. Just do a search in the XDA-developers forums for the APK.

Question: When you say "SWYPE" do you mean the keyboard that comes automatically loaded on the phone when you purchase it?  I thought the keyboard on the GSIII was "SWYPE" until I used it.  That default keyboard sucks in comparison.  Navigate to swype.com, sign up and download the real deal for free.  The official beta app uses dragon dictation instead of the speech to text, but it works well.  I also agree with Dave Bach that the swiftkey flow beta is nice, but it is a paid app.