PLEASE HELP!!

G+_San San Te

PLEASE HELP!! 

I'm brand new to the idea of coding.  Also, I certainly would not consider myself technologically savvy.  I've been working to change that this past year and now I'm trying to understand coding.  

What is the best way to learn coding.  I've tried to look up stuff online but to no avail.  What are some helpful resources to learn coding??  The main reason I want to learn is so I can upgrade my blog with my own skill.  I have absolutely no idea where to start! 

Keep in mind.  You're talking to someone who is literally at ground zero! hahah  

Don't forget this show... Start at ep. 1 and work through the C# modules and/or find where Pearl started and run through those.

Another place some people have success with is codeacademy or other sites like that. While they are good for teaching syntax, they don't do a good job of teaching logical thinking or problem solving. Take a look at a few lessons over there and see if that style of learning is right for you.

Or install WAMP on your PC and start writing code. Start with simple HTML and Jquery examples.

Also don't go heavy on Javascript early on. It's great to dip your toes for specific things, but I think PHP is a better language for a total noob if you want something that is quick to start with easy entry.  PHP has loose typing and its easy to write the code the same way you think , or want the HTML to go on the page.

If you want to understand coding concepts, better to just read a Head First book on C# or Java. You can write C# pretty easily with drag and drop in Visual Studio , but you won't really understand it unless you read a book.  If you enjoy using Visual Studio and C# you can extend that to pretty much anything.

For me object orientated, strict variable typing, classes, explicit scope, etc. was all fun to read about but 9/10 times I did not want to work in that world when I code. PHP, JavaScript, and other scripting languages are easier to get started on.  

If you are a huge Windows person, you can do a lot with classic ASP and VBScript, while avoiding static type variables and scope considerations. 

Greg Munck Thanks!  I'm gonna look into C# and the Network+ Certification book!  You mentioned Windows.  I'm on a Mac.  Will that be an issue the long run?  (sorry, I'm a noob haha)  I downloaded TextWrangler and that seemed to work out fine.  I'm currently working my way through that HTML Tutorial on w3school that Travis Hershberger suggested in the comments above.  Then I'll work out PHP?  ... man it's crazy how oblivious I am to all this stuff hahah but slowly but surely i presume haha