Regarding the TWiT API

G+_Jeff Brand

Regarding the TWiT API...

Thanks to Patrick Delahanty for fixing a number of little glitches with API requests.

Following an IRC conversation with Leo, I learned that the API is effectively "unsupported" as there are no real human resources available to support the use of the API. (AKA Patrick is very busy!)

I expressed interest in coordinating a forum on this subject but didn't know the preferred way to facilitate this. The wiki is a perfect spot to publish code examples but some sort of forum would be better for actual support and discussion.

I was also looking for a sample of FAQs that Patrick has received but hasn't had time to answer as a way to seed the discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Geoff Moore, cool! So my first question is how to report/track those fixes in a useful way for Patrick/TWiT. I was thinking either in the discussion or a new page dedicated to that purpose, depending on the volume.

Have you found any mistakes that affect a reader's ability to create working code (misleading, syntax errors, etc?)

It would be a start.  Information collected there could be moved later to the currently hypothetical "best place".    At this time. it exists, and Patrick Delahanty has access to it at the admin level.   And it is a MediaWiki based repository, and therefore can accept rich content, formatted exactly as the editor desires, using either simple HTML or the MediaWiki markup.

Couple of the issues that I've seen so far: 

* on the 3scale site that has the user keys, it looks like the doc url has been updated on the main page but it is still wrong on the DOCUMENTATION link

* on the apiary doc site starting with the People endpoint and going about to the Shows endpoint all of the brackets have turned the wrong way