I had one of those delightful Google Now experiences: I needed to head out to a restaurant, stop...

G+_Ed Reilly

I had one of those delightful Google Now experiences:  I needed to head out to a restaurant, stopped at home first and did a quick lookup on Google Maps for its location, more or less memorized the route, jumped in my car and hit Google Now by accident when I turned on my phone, and there it was prompting to navigate me to the location, complete with time estimate and traffic assessment, I just looked up on my desktop.  A bit freaky, but sweet.  I said yes :).  

Google Now saved me from sitting in 45 minutes worth of traffic last Saturday.  I went to a restaurant with some friends then we all rushed out of there to go to the bar to watch the game.  When I got in my car, I checked Google Now and it told me about the traffic to go home (the bar is close to my house).  So I just entered the navi app from Google Now and found another route.  I couldn't get in touch with some of my friends, so they ended up missing a lot of the game because of the traffic.