Am I the only one that comes across something broken, just old, or devices of any type and immedi...

G+_T Nohands

Am I the only one that comes across something broken, just old, or devices of any type and immediately start thinking of NIU projects with them? (None Intended Use) For example turning a ceiling fan or any brushless motor with a flywheel into an electric generator or battery charger. Another would be using smartphones gazelle wont buy and root them put a lightweight OS on them and making a universal remote control for AV setups and media servers with current or older apps or apk file for android, linux, windows, etc. Not having all parts or access to one part or piece of knowledge can turn someone into a hoarder so How about a few NIU projects for common Items or devices that are not in use. Could Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ & Bryan Burnett work a simple one or two show NIU project into Know How? A simple way to make it easier on the Hosts they could invite Patrick Norton for help on such segments. Leo and Lisa should give Know How longer time, more resources, and a bigger budget. :D There's just too much to learn and not enough time  :(

I kinda believe it's more in line with white and grey hat experimenting and adding a little more MacGyver in the education is always a plus (miss that show) Yet people are always bringing me old stuff asking what could be made from them (I have enough piles on the floor for my own projects I don't need theirs so would be nice to do more with what I got and   get more walking space)