Fr Robert Ballecer, SJ I 'm still not sure How the device you were going to send me going bac...

G+_T Nohands

Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ  I'm still not sure How the device you were going to send me going back from episode 144 where out of band management is concerned will that console server need a crossover or rollover cable to access in between the console port and server or in between the console port server and the laptop, or can simple patch cables be used for every port connection from console port to server and from server to laptop? Do I need to buy cable adapters or make rollover cables for each port to server or 1 for the server to managing laptop? Also since my network covers such a large physical space can I run a cable from console port to it's own switch or router and setup a vlan just for console ports so I can access the console port on a device 2,000' feet away on a patch panel to work from a single location. How can I set up OOB to be accessed without having to go from IDF to IDF and do a simple setup to access all console ports at different IDF's at and/or from the MDF location? if I wanted to plug the console port into another console port server then to one of the empty normal ports set a port to port vlan andbring the ports from idf's to a single port on a switch at the mdf location? Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ  are you going to come back to episode 144 when you were taking questions at the end? You mention turning a old router into a console port server and show how to do some console port functions or wire cable to different pin outs for talking to different devices. or maybe do a google talk session if a show in the next few months I've missed every chat except irc even then I seem to be under some conspiracy to not be online during Thursdays if I'm not at a hospital sick than it's a Doctors appointment, or the stock market is doing something stupid and the multiple funds I manage needs my attention for a quadriplegic I can't have 5 minutes without complex multitasking, I'm busier now than I was when I could use my hands some how that doesn't seem right or fair can't remember how that happened?