So Fr Robert Ballecer, SJ I remember asking if SpinRite could be run on a ras pi and the reply ...

G+_T Nohands

So Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ I remember asking if SpinRite could be run on a ras pi and the reply was SpinRite required a Intel or AMD processor to run on. Now I recently came across  some Synology simple 1 and 2 bay SATA II internal connections and both gigabit ethernet & USB 2.0  NAS also some with SATA III HDD or SSD internal connections and a gigabit ethernet & USB 3.0 external interface that can even have a gang or teaming option with the USB ports surprisingly cheap ranging between $50 to $100 and not all of them said so, but there were a few running on some Intel processors after looking at the next almost low cost computers as an option with very low profile being the NUC kits which I'm sure would work and save space to have a dedicated machine for Disk preparation and recovery, for myself doing any control with the touchscreen on my laptop would be very problematic KVM configuration I've not yet figured out or found in a reliable way especially in a boot sequence needed for SpinRite. I really kind of like the idea of slapping a 6tb HDD or 1tb SSD in a machine mounted under, on side, or even cut a rectangle hole / slot for a NAS to have a hot swap access drop in solution with one of those synology NAS system and just put a flush water sealed lid over the slot in case clumsy guest visiting. So can a Synology NAS with Intel processor and hot swap bays run SpinRite with a little firmware mod especially for my situation not giving up a computer that is essentially at times equal to one of my hands being taken away after getting them back after 6 to 8 years just to prepare any new or recover any 1tb SSD and 6tb Reds, Purples, and hopefully 6tb or larger WD AV drives coming out soon as opposed to  4tb WD AV drives be even better if I could find a way to remote access and run spinrite via telnet or putty from my laptop over the network and maybe be able to condition, partition, and copy recovered data to another drive in the unit or even across a vlan to another NAS in raid. Could on of those Synology NAS be converted into a dedicated Drive preparation and recovery machine and be remotely operated from another machine in a way to have someone drop a drive in and when I'm ready I can tell it to start all by myself and possibly even manage the drive recover data onto another drive or drives somewhere else or even install iso files all from a remote session? Do you have a little magic coding for Synology firmware up your sleeve for a little RS232 cross network interface to boot into a UNIX like prompt then after a SpinRite full operation reboot into a browser gui for the other abilities? So Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ  & Bryan Burnett could this be a possible solution for a quadriplegic to interact and control another machine dedicated for specific tasks from one the few computers I can use on our network?