Fr Robert Ballecer, SJ? I 've got kind of a stupid question for ya again In your opinion wha...

Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ? I've got kind of a stupid question for ya again. In your opinion what is the safe discharge voltage for my 2200mah 3s lipo? I have the voltage alarm hooked up to my KK board but not quite sure what voltage I should set it to alert me at? I've read so many different opinions, and none of them seem to agree with each other, I figured I'd ask the Quad father for guidance.

Michael Heinz?? It's the built in voltage alarm on the KK board, so I assume it's the overall total voltage of the battery.

I was thinking just take the 3.5 volts x3 and that would give me the total voltage that I need to set the alarm at on the board. The board alarm is measured in 1/10ths so would that be 105 if I wanted the alarm at 10.5 volts? I just don't want to overdrain (is that a word?) the battery and cause damage/harm/melting of faces. ?

Ah yeah, my lipo alarm plugs into all of the pins on the balance plug. It measures each cell, and if any one of them drop below the set amount, it'll beep.

One downside to monitoring through the flight controller is that you do only get the total voltage, so there is potential for one cell to drop way too low.

A third option would be to have a transmitter/receiver combo that supports telemetry. I know the FrSky, and I'm almost sure others would have it as well, have telemetry modules that plug into the receiver, and one of those modules is a lipo alarm that pulls data from all of your cells on the balance lead, and sends that back to your transmitter. It sucks that in either case, to get all cell voltages, that's just one extra thing to have to worry about plugging in when you swap out batteries between flights.

Ok I've got the battery alarm set on the KK, now I just need to find a way to mount the battery lol my ham hands don't like to fit in between the top and bottom frames of the Alien-X to get a Velcro strap around the battery. I'm trying to keep the battery in the center of the craft as I don't have a Gopro to mount on the front to balance out the battery weight in the tail end. Any suggestions??