Does anybody know of a good way to share files with people, preferably, in a somewhat secure way

G+_610GARAGE

Eddie Foy  The computer sending the file is a windows, receiving, unknown. The biggest file would probably be around 50mb. The tech-level is probably low. I need this for more than one person.

I just tried BTSync, I don't see file level sharing. Am I missing something?

Taylor Graham Sharefile looks good, but I need to convince my boss of the $16 a month. Sftp is an interesting idea. The only problem is that my webhosting service has somewhat low download.

Dave McCormick Dropbox is good, but requires both parties to have it, which makes it difficult for my purpose. 

610bob 50mb for email is a lost cause (and even should be)

You are missing something on the BTSync. (though been a few months since I played with it)  You create a folder and then share it.  Its not exactly file sharing, but will work perfectly.  But of course the other end needs to have BTSync, like most other option. 

I do think the dropbox option might be the easiest to do.  And most people have (and basically trust) DB already (though not needed installed  on the other end to work)

Dave and Eddie Foy have the answer. A "public" folder in Dropbox, drop a web link to a password encrypted zip file in the email. Remove the file after confirmation the other end has the documents. This interaction should replace fax machines, the ability of taping the line alone makes it insecure!

Eddie Foy  is correct concerning security. Its nothing super sensitive. What we were trying to send today was a quote that needed to be ordered. I don't want it on the open web, but its not credit card numbers or anything.

I'll try dropbox next time. I was playing around with it, you don't actually need an account to download (didn't know this), so that may be the best option. But there should be something better out there. Sending large files and pdfs. The bane of the office. Why does no one work on this!!! =(

Taylor Graham Oh yea. Thats as easy as 3.141592653589793238462643383279502884197169399375105820974944592307816406286208998628034825342117067982148........ :)

A dropbox public folder is the easiest way to go, just email the link to the other party and they can open it in chrome without logging in to dropbox. just advise the recipient to select download without signing in or something like that.

My vendor always use this when sending me large files.