Hey!!!! Fr Robert Ballecer, SJ

G+_Joel G. J

+Fr. Robert Ballecer, SJ  here is another suggestion for the show, how about a segment showing how to get Skype to work now that Microsoft has taken over?  Art Bell has callers on his show who use Skype but I haven't figured out how they do it. He always says to just add him as a Contact as MITD51, then just call him but it doesn't work that way anymore like it used to years ago.  I just installed it fresh on Windows 10 and the only option is to call a Phone No. but that's not free. To add a contact, even if it's a friend, you first have to search for them, then send them a Contact Request but there's no way to call anyone until the Contact Request is approved.  So basically I can't do anything with it except maybe answer a call.  I even set mine to accept calls from anyone but there is still no way to add a contact.  Since they use it a lot at Twit there must be someone there who knows how to make it work now.  It would be great if we could get some tips.

Here's the link telling how to add a Contact in Skype but there doesn't seem to be any way to do that without having them accept it.  I remember back in 2012 I could just put in anyone's screen name and call them but I guess they changed it to eliminate spam.

https://support.skype.com/en/faq/FA3281/how-do-i-find-my-friends-and-add-them-as-contacts