Does anyone know of a charging pad and receiver meant for tablets?

G+_Jeff Gros

Does anyone know of a charging pad and receiver meant for tablets?

Anyone try wireless charging with a tablet with the wireless charging pads/receivers meant for phones?

I recently got a DigiYes micro usb wireless receiver module and an Anker ultra slim wireless charging pad from amazon.

I couldn't find any receivers meant for tablets, so I bought the receiver with the longest cable I could find. It's about 3 inches. It doesn't put it in the center of my lenovo tab a2, but its not too far off. It need a couple more inches to be centered.

The Anker charging pad has a LED, which can be green (power applied), off (no power), or flash green and blue (charging device). I would imagine it works great with a phone, but with a tablet, its so much bigger than the charging pad, its hard to see the LED.

I found that charging worked, but I had to have the receiver fairly well centered in the pad. This is hard to do with a tablet. Especially because I don't have it centered because the cable isn't long enough.

Next I snapped the tablet into its case. Charging was pretty difficult to get going, but it did charge through the night in this configuration.

I was really hoping for a better experience. Just drop my tablet approximately centered on the pad and be done. However, because the pad has to be just right, and it isn't in the center of the tablet, I need to use a pot holder to keep the tablet from falling off the charging pad. The signal is also very poor through the case, and I really like using a case.

I may try putting the receiver on the outside of the case and see if it fares better. In its current configuration this is a no go.

• 2 weeks later...

Yes. yes it will. Although it charges slowly compared to USB I'm sure.

I've been experimenting over the last few weeks with the original Anker charger, and a different one I picked up from Spigen (Wireless charger F300W) recently.

I got the Spigen because it had an L shaped design to hold the phone/tablet.It also has a sturdy base to hold the weight of a tablet. I wish the 'lip of the L' was a bit longer to help hold tablets (which can be thicker than phones), but it does OK.

These L shaped chargers all tend to use this '3 coil free positioning technology', which makes positioning this much easier with a tablet as well.

The charging/not charging LED is under the lip, so it is clearly visible when the tablet is on the charger.

The Spigen made it clear that you want to use a 2 Amp power supply (not included). The power supply that came with the tablet is 2 Amps and works just great.

I'm pretty happy with it so far.

An update. I upgraded the tablet to Android 5 Lollipop, and now when charging is complete the tablet vibrates.

Wireless charging will force the tablet to vibrate every couple of minutes or so, which will eventually vibrate it off the charger.

I searched the device and did some Google searching. Google says it cannot be turned off?

Argggh!