I have a green geek problem that I am trying to tackle with arduino and I 'm hitting a wall!

I have a green geek problem that I am trying to tackle with arduino and I'm hitting a wall! I own a small equine hobby farm which produces about 20 gallons of manure a day. To deal with it I am building aerated static bins which requires a fan on a timer (on 2 min: off 28 min 24/7). I want to run the fan off a relay controlled by an arduino with an Adafruit data logging shield w/ RTC and also log the temp using DS18b20 sensor and moisture with Sunkee soil hygrometer. Can I do all of this from one Arduino? Can anyone point me to resources in writing the code or combining the libraries to make it work? I've been able to make things work individually but no two things simultaneously.

The dallastemperature library will handle the DS18B20 for you. You can just have it synchronously return the temp every few seconds or minutes depending on your logging needs. If you are only logging say 0.5°C resolution the query time is <200ms. Adafruit should have everything you need for the RTC logger.