I like to take a moment to comment on a few things with PHP in regards to performance and how it ...

G+_Storm Mcleod

I like to take a moment to comment on a few things with PHP in regards to performance and how it has evolved to PHP 5.5. PHP can be compiled and ran compiled to increase performance. Composer in PHP, I have used with the Zend Framework 2. I believe that PEAR and PECL as well are viable options for going about running code in PHP.  I see a nice advantage here is using mixed compiled and non-compiled code.  Many times before for using frameworks could cost some performance with loading huge libraries.

A few other things is that PHP has really developed more from just a web language. Now has an interpreter like IRB for ruby. Also running PHP scripts pointing to php.exe this is standalone without need for apache.  With the great targeted web base functions makes nice for cron jobs.  Though IRB is bit better then PHP for command line usage. One other thing is that PHP is fully OOP, PHP is function driven really. PHP is really what came 1st chicken or the egg? Function or class? For some its class and for some is the function.  Anyways not sure if this totally all correct, I’m sure there is other more PHP savvy coders that could comment more on this, but hope this helps for anyone wanting more from there PHP!