I have a question I have a pair of headphones that keep falling apart and wanted to know if anyon...

G+_Donald Kloss

001.jpeg

I have a question I have a pair of headphones that keep falling apart and wanted to know if anyone can recommend a good glue to seal it back up, it’s like a rubber style and I would need to make sure if it gets inside the actual part if it’s safe for the electronics, as of right now I use electrical tape until I can find the correct stuff to use

You could try something like B7000 glue. The description on Amazon is "Self leveling Adhesive with High Elasticity for SmartPhone, Tablet, Electronic Components, Jewelry, Toys, Metal, Glass, Rubber, Fiber, Paper, Ceramics, Wood, Cloth, Textile, Nylon, PVC, Leather and other materials.". I've used it to stick a replacement glass lens into a phone. It's been a couple of months and it's still in place.

I probably wouldn't use Gorilla Glue, but might be OK. If you use Gorilla glue or anything else that expands, you'll want to wrap tape around it to keep it from spreading apart.

Super glue around the edge where the two haves come together would probably be good. I also use 2-part epoxy for a lot of stuff, but mostly if I need some volume to the adhesive.

In this case, I'd probably consider hot glue because it's fast and safe for electronics.

Regardless of what you use, be careful not to get it on those buttons if you intend to keep using them.

• 2 weeks later...