Nice! Originally shared by Interesting Engineering n n nhttps: www youtube com watch?v ZiaeWT2...

G+_George Kozi

I welcome it! Most of semi-truck driving is done on highways. Busy or not, high or low traffic, I don't see why this wouldn't be possible with autonomous driving. If computers can drive better than humans sitting in a tiny car with full visibility, why can't they drive better in trucks where human drivers have huge blind spots?

Ben Reese i have family in the biz... Sure driving a 'rig'(semi-truck) is not the problem... The problem is the unexpected things that come out of nowhere... Wildlife-- deer are a real bad problems(google damage from deer vs. car), people-- particularly ones in cars or on motorcycles that do reckless things in front of the rig that block the safe travel. 40,000 pounds don't stop on a dime!

Black Merc yup, the truck driver is usually not at fault. There's also no reason to put the driver at risk - especially if if the robot driver can be just as safe.

Deer vs car = totaled car, injured passengers, injured deer.

Deer vs truck = bumper damage, possible undercarriage damage, obliterated deer.

I think a driverless truck would have a psychological impact on other drivers too and potentially make the other drivers more aware of the trucks actions.

Just my 2¢ though.

Ben Reese that's the thing... If it is not perfect, who's to blame for that dead person? The maker of the automagic machine, the owner(trucking co.)? Or are we just going with the 'industrial accident' catch all that big companies use to weasel out of being responsible.

Robots are meant to be the perfect replacement for humans. To do everything to absolute perfection!

Maybe Hollywood has it right? Maybe robots are meant to kill the humans.

We won't have to ourselfs off after all. That will cure the '__ lives mater' people.