Given what happened in the last few years, and given the tools used to do it, should bots on the ...

G+_George Kozi

Don't buy into this nonsense that "Russian trolls" managed to change the outcome of the election, it's a lie, we had 2 shitty choices and the less shitty one won, anything else is a pathetic distraction from reality. It's being used to censor the internet by companies and the DNC, going against the whole point of internet freedom

We'll see, when the reports come out. Trolling on social media is about nudging opinions one way or the other. That translated into something in the voting booth.

My fear is that the tech giants will be seriously dinged by all this. I'd like them to address it before it's too late.

George Kozi I don't know whether you have chosen to be willingly ignorant, but I've already explained the problems in detail above. The so-called "people who knows the intricacies" have long been aware of the issue, and we are actually very well aware of what the solutions would look like. You aren't the first to ask this question, in fact it's a tired question that have existed even long before modern technology as we know it.

Unfortunately, the solution is never going to be technology, as this isn't a problem that could ever be solved via technology. It's a fundamental principle and limitation of any distributed system, which will still remain even when divorced from any intricacies of the particular technology itself.

The core problem of fake news is a people problem, not technological. Technology can never solve problems that are, at the heart of it, people problems; at the most it can only help facilitate its solution. The real solution to a people problem is a people solution, i.e. educating the readership, to exercise healthy skeptiscism.

It may not be what most politicians wanted to hear. The core issue with this problem lies in the human psyche, technology didn't cause the problem, and it cannot solve it either.