I have a question I currently have my "main " Eero (the one hard wired to cable modem) connec...

G+_Kevin Gonzalez

I have a question....I currently have my "main" Eero (the one hard wired to cable modem) connected to a switch to enable my IoT devices to connect via Ethernet. But my cable modem is in living room with TV so not a great location to have all the many devices and cables. Can I move the switch to a wireless Eero somewhere else in the house and still get good connectivity?

I was also thinking about moving the cable modem to another cable entry point and assume that can be done as well? For some reason the cable tech told me it should go to living room but wondering if he understood the actual question.

Thanks for the help!

That should be possible if you have other eeros (not eero Beacons). Just remember that all of that wired Internet traffic will be going over wirelessly. It would probably be perfectly acceptable, but YMMV.

Moving the Cable modem is just a matter of extending it to where you want it or splitting a feed with a coax splitter. If you have internet and TV, you probably have a splitter somewhere. Sometimes it’s outside. It’s best not to split an already split feed but it should still work.

I've had problems when I(myself) disconnected my cable modem(actually a network media translator - 10/100/1000 Ethernet to cable tv coax) and reconnected in another room. (Something about coax cable length)

I'd prefer to mount a router/switch in an adjoining room and leave the 'modem' where it is... a single ethernet run.