Just wondering I have Synology Survilation station set up for my mom 's house and I wanted to pu...

G+_Alex Martinez

Just wondering I have Synology Survilation station set up for my mom's house and I wanted to put a monitor near the front door on a shelf that would display all the cameras all the time . I was thinking so far just getting a mini computer with windows and having the monitor on all the time. But Im wondering what best options do you all think would work best.

If you just want a monitor and not a fully capable computer in that location you could use something like HDBaseT to simply extend an HDMI signal up to 100m.

en.wikipedia.org - HDBaseT - Wikipedia

I use HDBaseT in my house with an HDMI Switcher to extend my Roku, DVD, etc to which ever TVs I have in the house to anywhere in the house with a centralized location for the equipment.

I would go with the Visual Station option, it is much more user-friendly option.

I have a mini windows PC running Surveillance Station client on a monitor in my office at work, and I would say at least a few times a month I have to get a keyboard out and connect to it to "fix it".. Log back in after a windows update, log back in to surveillance station because it disconnected, reboot PC because it has gotten laggy, etc