Does anyone know of a power injector I can use on my ubiquiti APs that will take a DC input?

G+_Jason Perry

Since I have used UBNT AP's that are 802.3af and you have not specified your source dc voltage I will have to make a guess. Is this what you are looking for? I have used these before to make portable backpacks with a 19v battery source. amazon.com - Amazon.com: Tycon Systems TP-DCDC-1248D 48V DC Out 17W DC To DC Converter And POE Inserter: Home Audio & Theater

Are all the APs going to be powered from the same location? If so you could do something like this

WT-GPOE-8 Multi Port Gigabit PoE Injector with 8 Ports for Power and Data To 8 Devices, Add Power over Ethernet To Any Switch-NOT INCLUDED.Use with External Power Supply for Passive or 802.3af Devices https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01JHXX066/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_d0nGBbGEBT7MW

amazon.com - Amazon.com: WT-GPOE-8 Multi Port Gigabit PoE Injector with 8 Ports for Power and Data To 8 Devices, Add Power over Ethernet To Any Switch-NOT INCLUDED.Use with External Power Supply for Passive or 802.3af Devices: Computers & Accessories

Well the options just keep getting better.

For reference I am currently running a legacy UniFi UAP-LR but hope to be updating to multiple UAP-AC lite's in the coming year.

My goal is to run everything off of batteries, more for the learning than the actual convenience batteries offer.

There are definitely lots of options. I carry one of these in my tool bag more for playing with more than actually getting work done... It's a poe injector from ubiquiti that allows you to power an ap off of a microusb.

Ubiquiti AIRGATEWAY Pro Installer (AG-Pro-INS) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B017B00ZCO/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_apa_30xGBbAXBFSD7

They also have a way more expensive one now that has a small battery built in.

Or if you just need a few aps, these are single port of the one I sent yesterday. They support voltages of 1-48V. Your APs are 24v I'm pretty sure.

Or, if this is just for fun, and you don't mind the aps only coming up at 100 Mbps, you could just wire power directly to the ethernet cable.