Looking for some help

G+_Jason Perry

So, I decided to try this out today, and it is not a simple install, that's for sure :)

Which version of Ubuntu are you using for your droplet?

I just did a new droplet with 18.0.4

Installed the latest version of Mongo using this install document docs.mongodb.com - Install MongoDB on Debian — MongoDB Manual

Then added the unifi repo, and apt-get install unifi.

went to https://IP:8443 and finally got the Unifi wizard

Yeah, I don't know why it wasn't working, but I tried 12.04,16.04, and finally working on 18.04

And it was strange that the unifi installer couldn't install the mongodb dependency, so had to be installed manually.

Glad you got it working!

It was a good project for me to take on too. I have one site I manage that was using a windows box as a controller, and every once in a while someone would turn that machine off.

I did this cloud controller, used the built in migration tool to move the devices from the onsite controller to the digital ocean one, and Voila!

Sorry for diving into your discussion but if I could ask about this setup it might help me understand what you are doing.

Are you taking Ubuntu OS and loading it on to a cloud base system then loading Unifi controller software onto that?

I currently have Unifi video software loaded on my laptop running Ubuntu 14, I believe.

From what I have followed here you can use an online cloud to run what I am running on local hardware. Sounds interesting what is the cost comparison and the like the idea it is out of sight out of mind when it comes to storing your videos online.

If this is what you are doing I will be interested in traveling the road you just journeyed onto.