Good day all, I have currently set up the 3 dumb router

G+_Geoff Galley

Good day all, I have currently set up the 3 dumb router. Using 2 Synology 2600 and my providers modem/router. I now have the issue of double Nat on my Xbox which is hard wired to the network. The modem/router from my provide can't be turned into bridge mode and all the support forums say to turn the router into an access point but that would only work if I was hook to it wirelessly. All routers have their own IP address on different subnets and the 2 level 2 routers point to the boarder one as the gateway as explained in the father's know how segment on 3 dumb routers and I don't want to turn on UPNP. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix the double Nat issue.

John Sullivan Thanks for replying the xbox is at one end of the house whilst the internet access (provider router) is at the other. At the moment I am using power line adapters to get the internet from one end of the house to the other and I don't trust the wireless side of the providers router so that's a no go. until I get a contractor (who are booked out for 3 months because the government is installing an National broadband network which is handling phones and the internet along optic fibre) out to run Ethernet cables from one end to the other, it looks like either more power line adapters or open up ports specifically to the xbox.

Here are your options. Choose wisely...

a) Stay double-NATed because it's just a game and games are for children.

b) Piss your money away hiring someone to run eth cabling for you because your govt is worse than a Nazi regime.

c) Run the cable yourself because there is no excuse for blindly following illegitimate authorities who set the rules up to favor the corporate arseholes who actually write the legislation.

(BTW, I've read that in AUS a cable run down through the floor to another room is considered non-permanent, so you can still do it without worrying about the overlords crushing your soul. Just remember to remove it before you sell your home and move to a country that doesn't treat you as a stupid serf with no rights or ability to think for yourself.)