Should anyone stumble on to a course covering NodeMCU(ESP8266) and Arduino IDE programming please...

G+_Rud Dog

Travis Hershberger agreed. Looking for courses starting out with what you call out but a twist. Maybe course leads to instruction for coding for web pages and interfacing with online websites such as IFTTT.

Although I have researched and found code which does interface the Nodemcu and IFTTT it is over my head how to extract what is needed to carry out the IFTTT into my own sketch. It sounds easy enough right? The examples don't lend themselves to reverse engineering the code for use in a for examples of my own sketches.

There is a little help from the Arduino site for coding on the device mentioned but it stops short and is more of a reference than a tutorial.

Thank you for your input will, of course, visit the Adafruit site and see what they offer. My wifi coding is pretty much resolved only because there are many examples of connecting to WiFi and that part of coding for the NodeMCU is fine.

Travis Hershberger it is frustrating. I have found examples as well that will do what is needed only to find the code in the sketch has many Include files making it impossible for me to figure out how to incorporate the code in question. This has led to many suggestions for me to learn C++ and or Arduino IDE this is not what I am looking for there are few courses on programming the NodeMCu or the ESP8266 when it comes to the interaction with the device itself. Have sent some suggestions to sites dealing in courses covering other subjects in the hope they will see there is a need for this type of tutorials/courses.