My new project which is Nodemcu, SCt-13 is working it senses current at 2 5 amps to 0 amps

G+_Rud Dog

John Sullivan yes I also read the section on how the "less secure apps" needed to be set for this to work and carried that out when I read it some time ago. Will try and make a Hotmail account and try that. Oh, the suggested alternative for washer done project was seen and didn't feel comfortable with the vibration approach.

One request could you post your working files to Pastebin?

• Replies 58
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

John Sullivan Oh forgot to mention on your comment

"Are those your Base64 conversions? (If so, you might want to delete them from here).."

They are but I changed them up so they would not work for anyone cutting and pasting them. Also, the Base64 conversion username and password shown in the com port monitor do not match the converted username and password pasted into the code. This is something I plan on looking at today.

Seeing this error when attempting to run sketch:

535-5.7.8 Username and Password not accepted. Learn more at

Error sending message: SMTP AUTH error

Have looked at the password and username many times and can not find anything wrong with them. One odd thing when I attempt to print out the encoded username and password the username does not match the encoded username I created on the website for doing so and the Serial.println() for the password returns nothing?

So decided to try yet again the steps in the Instructable using his files as I have many times before. The only difference was making a video to post my steps. To my surprise, the files from the Instructable for some reason worked. Now I did read some folks were having to set the Gmail account setting for lowering the security more than once. I did that before quitting last night and it worked this morning.

Now, will go back and review your sketch incorporating my sensor code and see if I can combine the two as you did. Hopefully, this will not be another long day.

While starting on the combination of sensor and IFTTT sketches wanted to make sure the files used as support were the same as yours. Meaning you are using the standard library Emon file and the other file is from Instructables, correct?

#include "Gsender.h"

#include

Well, today is my lucky our combined code works for the first stage. I can only assume beings all the steps taken were identical and there was a problem with the flipping of the switch on the Gmail server. As mentioned some folks reported turning on and off the lower security settings did the trick well I believe it here as well.

Thanks to John Sullivan for his help in this long search for the solution.

19061%20-%20AllowLessSecureApps_ON.png

Rud Dog Correct about the includes. As far as merging, it's rather simple, and if you compare your original code to the merged code that I sent, you'll be able to pick out which came from where.

The only real change I made is that I created a new method named " void sendEmail()". Then I took most (not all) of his code from his Setup and placed it in the sendEmail method. Finally, I added a call to the sendEmail method at the end of your "Contents Washer Off" block of code.

Glad you got it working.