Trying to solve a problem but it is a narrow nitch so, does anyone know of a community with the r...

G+_Rud Dog

problem.png

Trying to solve a problem but it is a narrow nitch so, does anyone know of a community with the responsive group to questions problems with this device?

Will post the problem in hopes someone will know the answer otherwise look forward to any links.

My conundrum:

All was well with my NodeMCU, in fact, have many of these devices. I decided to look through the settings and found a drop-down menu item under "Tool" labeled: "Wifi101 Firmware Updater". I clicked on it.

A dialog box came up, decided to test the com port I was using which was "com3" so I selected it and hit the button labeled:

"Test connection".

Thereafter the serial monitor port was outputting odd characters and before testing the port it was fine. Now rebooting my machine disconnecting the device in question and replacing with new NodeMCU does not fix the problem.

Placed know working NodeMCU's on the serial port and they run fine with the sketches loaded on them but the serial port monitor is still outputting garbage.

Any ideas what is going on?