Looking to place the footprint down on my in-progress second version of my NodeMCU layout, with a...

G+_Rud Dog

IMG_20180723_093150.jpg

Looking to place the footprint down on my in-progress second version of my NodeMCU layout, with a relay board (shown below). If anyone knows where I can find either the printed version fo the Geber file or the schematic for this relay board it would really help.

Without knowing what brand/model that assembly is it's impossible to help out. Even just a link to where you got the photo would be a start.

If you aren't wedded to that particular brand/model then you can choose a similar assembly from one the open hardware vendors (Adafruit, Seed, etc.) and grab their schematic/PCB layout documents.

What would you like to know about it?

It's a SPDT relay (single pole, double throw). There are three connectors on the right side in your photo. Those connect to the device you want to control. (Whether you want your device to be On when the blue relay is not energized, or Off) When the relay is not energized, the center connector connects to one of the outside ones, and when it is energized, the center connector connects to the other outside one. (You can test this with a multimeter)

The blue relay takes more current to energize the coil than can be provided by a microcontroller (Arduino or other) so there is a small, black relay on the board also. The Arduino triggers the small relay and then that triggers the big blue one.

The connectors on the left of the photo are GND, VCC and IN. You connect the VCC to a voltage supply that can provide enough current to trigger the blue relay, ( 5 v DC at about 0.5 amps or so) and the IN connector to the output of your microcontroller. Both the ground from the microcontroller and the ground from the power supply connect to the GND pin.

When the output of your microcontroller goes HIGH (5V) it energizes the small black relay, which then energizes the big blue relay, and thus turns your controlled device on or off.

The other components on the board are just current limiting resistors and diodes to prevent the relay contacts from arcing.