Piriform, CCleaner app, says it fixed it security risk problems pointed out on SecurityNow Can...

G+_Rud Dog

I mean, you can infer whatever meaning you like. I don't read it like that. To me, it reads like someone asking to be updated on a security issue that came up a while ago, but they never heard about any follow up. It kinda seems like maybe you're too offended by their question. It's a valid question. Are you upset that they didn't word it more clearly?

Let's be a community that helps each other, not just another internet forum that devolves into hurting the feelings of perfect strangers. We have enough of those in the world.

Sorry all was in a bit of a hurry when I posted that question was right in the middle of building my 3D printer.

Sometime ago Steve Gibson mentioned there was a security risk with the application mentioned. Fast forward to the time of posting;

While rummaging through my folders I found my emergency install folder. It is where I keep all my purchased apps and codes. When I saw CCleaner I thought wonder if they ever addressed this issue with security? I paid for the app and thought I should find out what was going on with it.

And posted in that frame of mind.

Thank you for all your input.

PS

Does anyone know if SG updated anywhere when a problem app is OK. It is a lot of hard work to report the security risk so don't expect it from such a busy man.

Rud Dog

He regularly mentions when apps are fixed, but many times he does not. It's quite simple to check by searching on his security now website: there is a site search which will go through all the show transcripts .... I checked and found the latest shownotes refering to CCleaner are here (May '18):

grc.com - GIBSON RESEARCH CORPORATION ...