FlintOS on ASUS Tinker Board provides a good ChromeOS experience however we have run into a brick...

G+_Lance McGrew

FlintOS on ASUS Tinker Board provides a good ChromeOS experience however we have run into a brick wall hoping to enroll as a device on Google Management Console (G-Suite). "Oops! The system failed to determine device model or serial number" is the message we get. The environment is K12 school district where budget constraints are always present. Single Board Computers could be an alternative to Chromebooks if they can be centrally managed.

Lance McGrew My only personal experience is one install used for signage. I recommended it, and the agency decided to give it a try. It is working, but their large IT staff did the work.

Try calling the usual Google licesne seller, Promevo?

Or check into the info on the link I'm pasting.

Hadn't realized these haven't been updated since introduced in 2015. May be better than a Raspberry PI type board, but three years is an eternity in tech.

At the $85 price, it might be better investment to buy as new an inexpensive Chromebox as possible, with End of Life further out in time. The Chromebit stops receiving support in November, 2020.

novisign.com - Chromebox Device Management Console and Kiosk Mode

• 4 weeks later...