It 's official, Know How has come to an end :-(

G+_Paul Hutchinson

Paul Hutchinson It was actually the opposite. We basically paid Leo’s salary so that all advertising money could go to the shows. I was a monthly contributor. I would have gladly switched to paying for shows instead but they just ended it entirely. Leo said that he didn’t want to make the viewers pay. It might have been the right decision though. If people paid and shows got cancelled anyway, they might feel cheated.

Jason Brown Padre had that rare combination of personality and actual technology "Know How". Pun intended. Finding people like him (or her) is pretty rare. I don't know how much a person in that position gets paid for a job like that (but the perks are worth it) and someone might find it attractive to apply for a job if they can bring the right talent to the table. I hope that Leo and or his wife are constantly looking out for talent coming before them.

Jared Twomey The content absolutely did not 'change for the worst'. It changed 'for the different', which just happened to not sit well with most of the current audience watching the TWiT network. Given enough time and awareness, those 'different' shows would have found an audience. But the money needed to make that happen is not unlimited nor is the time commitment.

Yeah. That's kinda why I left. They already have shows that talk about simple tech. I already know how to do it, and I was in it for the things I don't know. There was a shift, and it wasn't for the different. I won't say it was for the worse, because I don't want want anyone to get bent out of shape. But the shift made it less appealing to the existing fans that were in it for the uber-geekery.

Rickbearcat I get what you are saying, but the "change for the different" completely changed the show content. That's like if All About Android stops covering Android and only covers iPhones.

That is a content change that doesn't match that show. Not that the content is bad, it's just not what viewers of that show are looking for.

I don't blame any of the new hosts for the show declining in viewership, they got thrown into a show that normally had content different than they are used to.

The reason that KH started to decline and ultimately shut down is a management issue. When Padre left, they didn't choose a suitable replacement to keep the content the viewers wanted. They should have brought in someone like Aaron Newcomb take over.

Jared Twomey For myself, the 'change for the different' involved the 'Know How' to screw in those proverbial light bulbs. They wanted you to know how to do simpler things is what I got from the changes. This obviously didn't work out in the end. And that is a shame I think we both can agree upon.