Newbie Question Re: Creating Forms

G+_Derek Dillon

Newbie Question Re: Creating Forms

Hello,

I'm interested in creating a form to publish on a webpage. The form will have prompts and response fields (in the form of fillable text boxes). Some of the prompts will be static, and some will be randomly generated from a specific, predefined list.

After completing the form and clicking submit, the responses will be exported into text (in sequential order, with line breaks/paragraphs etc.-- in readable narrative form).

I'll need some flexibility with the output/export as some of the prompts will export along with the responses; in other cases, just the responses will export.

Am I looking at PHP? What language/format is most appropriate? I need to know what type of coder to approach...

Also, is there any online or offline program I can use to create a mockup/rudimentary version to show a coder? I've tried Wufoo forms, but they don't have any random selection or generation features.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

DD?

I think PHP and JavaScript would be your best bet.

PHP can handle the form processing/text file generation and emailing, if desired (email is SUPER easy with PHP), then I'd use JS to dynamically generate what the user would see and any interaction. Basically, think PHP back end handing, JS for anything the user interacts with or sees.