Ron Richards Jason Howell Florence Ion and everybody in the community

G+_Subrat Jain

Ron Richards Jason Howell Florence Ion and everybody in the community

Hey guys , I am tired of looking for a good screen protector for my Pixel 2 XL. Do you have any suggestions that will not have issues with a case on the phone? I am looking for tempered glass.

1. Power Support on Google support has really bad reviews

2. Griffin is not available

3. Zagg and Amfilm will not like the case on it

I am considering Incipio Plex Plus but not sure if it will work with a case.

I have come to realize that I need to shed a lot of money for accessories with this phone. Everything is so expensive - earphones, screen protector, case, charger.

I am getting super tensed each day I spend without a screen protector on this phone.

Thanks for helping :)

• 3 weeks later...

There are basically two screen protectors for the 2xl at the moment. (tempered glass ones that is)

As far as I can tell, from looking at the suppliers in the Chinese market, 90% are the same just rebadged/packaged to the different vendors.

Type 1) "3D" curved glass. They have a black border around the edge and that is the only part that the glue is on. They look the best, cover nearly all the screen however they have the annoying grid dots that are visible and only stick down well for a few weeks (if at all) then they start to lift in places, get dust underneath, really screw up touch input around the edges and feel really sponge like as there is a gap between the screen.

Recommendation: Don't bother.

Type 2) Flat glass. These only cover the flat part of the screen. They give a bit of a halo effect around the edges, however don't have the grid dots, stick to the whole screen and preserve most of the touch sensitivity. They don't look as good as a freshly applied "3d" glass protector that's been freshly applied, however at least they are usable.

Recommendation: go for these for now.

There is a third type that is not out yet. The manufacturer says mid December so... Who knows. Anyway, these cost about 5-10 times the other ones but from what I have read and seen on other models of phones, should last a good year or two in perfect condition.

They are a 3d glass screen type without the dot grid. What makes them special is they come with a UV cured glue and special applicator case. The glue ensures that the protector sticks and stays stuck, does not get dust or halo effect, should work with any case and perfectly preserve touch sensitivity. And yes, it can be removed if needed.

$50 or so is a lot more to pay than $5 however, I've probably already spent $30 trying out different $5 ones that look terrible after a short while. So in the long run, I think it's worth it.

Do a Google search for whitestone dome to find these.

That's what I'll get - if and when they make one for the pixel 2XL

PUT A FLAT GLASS TYPE ON FOR THE TIME BEING THOUGH. I DON'T RECOMMEND EVER GOING "NAKED"...