Hello guys I have Dlink Share Center (DLink DNS 340L) which does not boot up

G+_Aloysius Yong Wai Dak

Preface: I have no experience with any of this. Just what I've gathered from the Internet.

The DNS 340L most likely uses a Linux software RAID. This means you may be able to mount the RAID on another Linux machine.

mdadm is the utility to build a software RAID. The original config file makes recovery a whole lot easier, but it's still possible to work into recreating the config.

As with anything, make a backup of the drives before starting. I'd personally start with the assumption that 2 drives are identical and the other 2 are also identical... From there, I'd take one of each pair and create a disk image to work from. Then I'd set the drives aside and try mounting the RAID from the disk images.

It's a long shot, but your data may be worth the effort.

I've never used R Studio, but they have an article for your NAS specifically. Maybe that was just SEO magic and they have an article for every popular NAS... Regardless, their explanation looks promising.

I'd still try with 2 drives instead of all 4. If R Studio messes something up on all 4 drives, your data is lost. If it messes up on 2 of the drives, you still have a second chance. Using 2 drives is really only an option if you know which drives were mirrored.