The last thing I want to do is start anything political on here

G+_Jason Brown

No confusion or sidetracking here. A $0.70 markup per unit is significant to some of us, that's all. Especially for a lot of the teachers here that might be considering ordering them in bulk for their students. I realize that doesn't seem like a lot of money. But it is for some of us.

Jason Brown I have not said anything that should be construed as trying to discourage anyone from saving money.

Absolutely, if anyone wants to save 10% vs. the price in a couple months by stocking up now, go for it.

The first, and main point, was to correct the first reply's incorrect implication that they where being removed from the market.

Then I gave an example of the before and after tariff pricing for comparison so that others can more easily decide if stocking up is worthwhile.

Black Merc Sure but the labor and overhead costs make it unlikely a US based company could compete on price even with a 10% tariff.

This especially applies when you consider that buying from China will always avoid local sales taxes. Buying from a US company will soon almost always mean you pay local sales taxes. So for most consumers paying the tariff on the Chinese clone will still be cheaper.