Our first episode is live!!! Let Florence Ion and I know what you think

G+_Megan Morrone

Jeff Smith I just know I was watching the house tour and these price tags kept popping up. Many were several hundred dollars, and you had to buy multiple. It will still be useful as a survey of what is available on the market, but I probably won't be buying any of that stuff. "Too expensive" + "goes obsolete too fast" = "poor investment".

I have the ring video doorbell. That's good enough for me. I might be interested in the car camera stuff if it is reasonably priced, but that's about it.

X10 ! Yes, I have the remote by my bed and the "master" station hooked to my coffeepot. No matter what time I wake up, I can press a button and coffee will be ready by the time I get there.

I used to have remote switches for my room lighting, so I could turn them on or off in the night, but they were weird. I would wake up at night realizing that what woke me up was a light had just come on in the other room.

Had someone just quietly broken in and had turned on a light? Did they not know I was home, or did they not care?

After manually activating my .45 cal home defense unit, I slowly "cleared" the house.

Two nights of this and they went in the recycle bin.

Still use the remote for the coffee pot ... hasn't failed yet.

Big Kitty You're asking what g+ is for now? Google Plus is for a lot of things.

Did you mean what is Know How for? I guess it's for whatever the hosts want to present.

Right now, they are doing IoT, because that is what Florence and Megan want to present.

Will someone else do other stuff? Who knows? I guess, we'll have to wait and see.

Do you have a project of your own that you would want to do a Show on?

Reggie Henneman You can always put it on a separate subnet. Although, whether you trust it with the data that it gathers is a different question entirely.

I've got a subnet just for the ring video doorbell. And for the video it gathers? I don't think it matters if it leaks out.

I recently got a new washer dryer that have some sort of wireless capability. I think it allows you to check your phone for status of the wash? No thanks!