I have a strange and esoteric question

G+_Robert Hafer

I have a strange and esoteric question. Has any Kita out there heard of a KVM switch that will pair with a wireless keyboard and mouse ( in my case Apple Smart Keyboard and Trackpad)?

I’m closing my office at work and consolidating in my home office. The wireless devices make for a less cluttered desk but I use the KVM switch at home to occasionally connect to my Home Automation server.

Robert Hafer I've been using a cheap kvm switch for about 10 years. I've used wireless and wired keyboard + mouse with no problems. Only ever had problems when I lost the dongle for them.

Dan Baldwin My server is the "other" machine on my kvm, and I occasionally do need to remote in, even sitting right next to it. If the server reboots with the kvm switched to the primary machine, it will not connect to the monitor when I switch over. If I have the kvm switched to the server when it reboots, then everything's fine.

Sure, one could use only RDP, but if there's maintenance to do outside of the OS or without networking then you'll be hooking up a kbd + mouse anyways.