Hey folks I am really hoping that someone has a solution to my problem I have been a Google Vo...

G+_Juscelino Acevedo

Hey folks. I am really hoping that someone has a solution to my problem. I have been a Google Voice user since day one (maybe day two, but that long). The reason that I truly love it is because I have always had a "company phone", so I have always saved on a monthly cell phone bill by simply forwarding my Google Voice to my work cell phone. You get the idea...nothing new...

Here is my issue. I have NEVER been able to make successful phone calls via Google Hangouts, which forces me to give up and call via the normal cell phone number and confuses people.

Does anyone know of any reliable apps or alternatives that I can use to make successful phone calls from my work cell phone using my Google Voice number? Thank you.

I don't feel that I am explaining correctly. I am aware of all features, including the Google Voice dialer within Hangouts. This is actually the app that I am complaining about. It has never worked properly for me. Literally every time that I make a phone call using the Google Voice dialer, the person on the other ends tells me that they cannot hear me. Every single time. It does not matter if I am on WiFi or cellular data.

I am wondering if anyone has tried and/or had any luck with a third-party app. Not Google Voice dialer on an iPhone or the built-in Android feature.

No, you were clear but apparently I was not. I'm talking about the old school Google Voice app for iPhone, the separate app, not the dialer within Hangouts. I did mention that I have also used Hangouts (on Android, not iPhone), but I guess that distracted from my point. I have not tried any third party options because I have not needed to.

I suggested making sure that the linked number is currently verified because I've had a previously linked number become unverified and previously working functions stopped even though I was getting the forwarded calls. I did not use the dialer at the time so I don't know if it was affected, but I would rule that out.

Akira Yamanita AHHH... Definitely a misunderstanding. Great idea. I will give the Google Voice app a try and see if it makes a difference, since I recall that it used to work flawlessly, but I somehow got diverted to Hangouts throughout the years. Google does a great job at convincing you that you don't need one thing and should replace it with another. Thank you!