Question?? So, I got this message when I tried to add a widget to Apex Launcher? Is this someth...

G+_Blade Olson

Screenshot_2013-01-04-18-28-29.png

Question?? So, I got this message when I tried to add a widget to Apex Launcher? Is this something I should be worried about? Are 3rd party launchers a security risk? I really like the flexibility of creating my own look and feel using this launcher, but this kind of message makes me a bit nervous. for example if I use a calendar widget or mail widget is that exposing me to risk?

I am not a programmer but when you consider that 3rd party launchers, basically handles every function that the native stock launcher used to do they do have a significant amount of power They manage the home screen, wallpaper, launch bar, app installations, shortcuts, and widgets. So they way I see it the launcher is collecting information to see if particular widgets cause crashes or conflicts as well as allow the widgets to operate the way they are supposed to. I don't think you should be too worried about personal data being transmitted to Apex

The problem I have with it is, it doesn't have to "access" my information that it is displaying to know if a widget or whatever is crashing. I would very much like to know if all launchers do this. Would you also give a pass to CyanogenMod if it said this?

thanks guys, these are suepr helpful comments. I sent a message to Apex guys and got this response.... 

Apex Support:

"This is the JB notification. It will display in all of launchers, when you add the widget on the screen from drawer. Launcher will get the widget configuration and others data. "

Me:

"Thanks for the feedback, so that means the app needs the data only , it is not being shared outside of my phone?"

Apex Support: 

"Yes. "

So good to know. Good service they got back to me pretty quickly.