It looks like I will be going to at least one high school this year for the Hour Of Coding https:...

G+_James Bertino

Tinkerers and some hackers. I found several gaming hackers to be fluent in C++ and C for PC gaming hook development and hacking even at the high school level . It is pretty rare though. Most high schoolers will either be cognizant of Programming languages, but not know how to use them. I will go into thinking they don't know anything and evolve as you get a feel for your audience .

Louis, Thanks for your reply. I have been to a high school two days in a row now and have found it to be most rewarding. The school even has a computer security class. I asked if they knew what a prime number was and they knew. I then asked if they knew what a semi-prime was and they did!.

When I got past my personal history with computers and programming, I started to show some code. What I did was talk about something then ask if they were following. If not I showed something else or discussed a concept and asked they understood or were following.

Afterwards I had a few kids (boys and girls) ask questions. It was too cool. I had a great time. I have had requests from 3 other schools and can't wait to go to them too.